To apply a tax/discount to a patient or family account:
- With a patient selected in the Ledger, click Transaction > Tax/Discount. The Enter Tax/Discount dialog box appears.
- In the Procedure Date column, enter the procedure date of the procedures you're applying the tax or discount to. The date defaults to today's date.
- From the Tax/Discount Type list, select the type of tax or discount you want to post.
- Select how you want to apply the tax/discount in the Calculate for group box:
- Current Patient - Applies the tax/discount to just the patient currently selected in the Ledger.
- All Family Members - Applies the tax/discount to all family members of the selected patient who have procedures on the selected date. The discount will be listed in the guarantor's Ledger.
- Selected Procedures - Applies the tax/discount to the procedures you selected in the current patients' Ledger before you opened the Enter Tax/Discount dialog box.
Dentrix comes with a few tax/discount types already defined. You can edit these or customize your own. For more information, see the Creating tax and discount types topic in the Dentrix Help.