Did you know you can set up procedure codes so that by default they are not billed to insurance? That way, when you post that code it won’t be included on insurance claims.
You're probably thinking, "Why would I want to do that?" There is a very practical application. This can be used for procedure codes you have set up as items that you sell in your practice, such as electric toothbrushes or bleaching supplies, that still need to be posted in the Ledger.
To prevent a procedure code from being billed to insurance:
- From the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, click Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup. The Procedure Code Setup dialog box appears.
- To edit a procedure code, in the ADA-CDT tab, highlight a category in the Procedure Code Category list. All procedures associated with that category appear in the right pane.
- Click the individual procedure code you want to edit, and click Edit. The Procedure Code Editor - Existing dialog box appears.
- Check the Do Not Bill to Dental Insurance box to exclude the procedure from insurance claims.
- Click Save. Confirm that you want to save your changes.
- Click Close to return to the Procedure Code Setup dialog box.
- Click Close.
Note: Selecting the Do Not Bill to Dental Insurance option also prevents the procedure code from appearing on the Procedures Not Attached to Insurance report.
For additional information on how to add or edit procedure codes, see the "Procedure code setup" topic in the Dentrix Help.