For example, you can use the Collections Manager to follow up with patients on a payment plan who are behind on their payments. Generate a list of patients on the payment plan billing type who have missed more than 1 payment, have a minimum account balance of $10, and are over 30 days past due.
To find patients who have missed a payment:
- From the Office Manager, click Analysis > Collections Manager.
- Select the payment plan billing types to include only patients attached to those billing types on the list.
- Select 1 or more to include patients who have missed at least one payment one the list.
- Enter 10.00 as the Min. Balance to include only patients who have at least $10.00 remaining on their account balance.
- Click OK to load the list.
- The Collections Manager is an interactive list that links to many other areas of Dentrix. From the Collections Manager you can make a phone call, create an email message, merge a collection letter, make notes about the contact in the Office Journal, add guarantor notes, set up a payment agreement, or change a billing type.
- Click the Show Columnsbutton when creating a view to customize the information that appears in the list and in what order it appears.
Using the Collection Manager is part of the new course called Top 10 Collections Tools in Dentrix, which will be offered at this year's Business of Dentistry Conference. Click the link to view conference details and to register. Save $400 if you register by Friday, March 31!