To enter a clinical note using a pre-defined template:
- With a patient selected in the Patient Chart, click the Clinical Notes tab in the Progress Notes panel to open the Clinical Notes panel.
- Click the New Clinical Note button. A new clinical note is created with the current date and time.
- Clinical note templates are grouped by category in a list on the right side of the Clinical Notes panel. Click the plus (+) symbol to expand the section that contains the template you want to use.
- Double-click the template you want to use. Note Template dialog box(es) will appear with prompts to help you create the clinical note.
Note: Depending on how the clinical note template you are using was set up, there may be multiple prompt dialog boxes that appear that walk you through the creation of the clinical note.
- Supply the requested information in each of the prompts that appear. When you have entered all the information, the clinical note will appear in the clinical note text field.
- Click the Save Clinical Note button to save the note.
Note: Saving the clinical note does not lock the note or prevent it from being edited. You can edit clinical notes until they are locked when either the month is closed or the clinical note has been signed.
Dentrix comes with over 70 clinical note templates to help you connect the most common procedures, appointment types, and reasons for notation. For a list of the clinical note templates and prompts found in Dentrix, log in to the Dentrix Resource Center and search for knowledgebase article #66217.
For details on how to create a customized clinical note template, please view the video below: